Calling all twenty-somethings….this blog post is for you! It’s undeniable that Hawks Cay is the perfect family getaway, but we wanted to take a moment to point out that it’s also so much more. Even the so-called entitled millennial travelers (we can say that because most of us on the blog team qualify here) can appreciate our “shareable” moments, active adventures and conscious travel opportunities.
Instagram-able sunsets, happy hour drink specials and lounging by the saltwater Lagoon make up what we think is the perfect weekend at Hawks Cay. But if you think the #hotellife is just about lounging around and drinking all day, think again! We know what’s important to you, so here’s our list of the top five things to do while visiting:
- Experience all things beer with Angler & Ale’s craft beer tasting or an afternoon of Beer Olympics
- Try your best Warrior Pose 1 while standup paddleboard throughout Duck Key waterways
- Visit The Turtle Hospital in Marathon to learn about the rescue, rehab and release of local sea turtles
- Chillax with a handmade cocktail and listen to live music
- Catch Rock the Doc every month from May-Sept and enjoy local vendors, music, food and great drinks.
The WiFi is strong and our new Go Puck phone chargers are available to rent or buy so you can Snapchat away. Just be sure to give us some social media love Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Use hashtags #HawksCay and #HawksCayVacay and we’ll be sure to give you some love right back.