Guests gearing up to come down for lobster mini season in the Florida Keys, which is the annual two day recreational harvest that recreational lobster hunters get before the professionals put out their lobster traps, take note. Angler & Ale is bringing back its Hook n’ Cook lobster special. Bring in your tails and Angler & Ale’s chef will prepare a great dish for you to enjoy. After all the work that goes into catching those little bugs, you deserve to sit back and let someone else do the cooking.
Interested in going out for mini season, but don’t have a boat? Call our friends at Hawks Cay Marina to reserve a spot on their mini season charter. Our charters have a license, so all you need to think about is actually catching bugs. If you are planning on bug hunting this year, here’s some important information to remember to ensure that everyone has a safe and fun experience:
- Make sure your Florida Fishing License is up to date at MyFWC.com and add the spiny lobster permit (if you’re not going out with a Hawks Cay charter).
- Read and understand the rules and regulations.
- Remember that Florida Keys bag limit is 6 per person, per day.
- Be sure you have a measuring gauge in the water (lobster carapace must be greater than three (3) inches).
- Always remember to prominently display a dive flag.