Getting around at Hawks Cay Resort is easy with convenient golf cart rentals for hotel guests. Here's what you need to know about reserving and using golf carts during your stay.
RESERVING A GOLF CART
- Cost: $250 for up to a week. (i.e $250 for 1 day – 7days). Reservations longer than seven days are charged $250 weekly.
- Pick Up Location: Carts will be kept and locked at Coral Cay in the Spa Parking Lot.
- Drop Off Location: Coral Cay
- How to Reserve: Guests must have a Hawks Cay reservation number or Room Number to reserve a cart. They can then call Coral Cay by dialing ext.1803, visit the Concierge Desk, or the Coral Cay lobby.
- When to Reserve: Guests can reserve a cart before or during their stay.
- How many carts can guests reserve: Carts are available based on availability. We have 6 Carts in stock.
- Cancellations: 36 hours notice is required for cancellations. Guest will be charged full rental fee for any cancellations that do not meet that requirement.
- How to use the cart: Coral Cay staff will instruct all guests on how to use the golf cart. Including: driving, safety, parking, gas and emergency procedures.
- Other: All drivers of the golf cart will be required to fill out a liability waiver form at Coral Cay upon pick up.
DRIVING AND PARKING ONSITE
- Driving Age: All drivers must be at least 18 and have a valid driver’s license.
- Where can guests drive: All of our carts are allowed on Hawks Cay property. That means no driving on US1 and no driving onto the residental islands of Duck Key. Guests must remain between the two bridges. Guests will be given a golf cart map upon pick up.
- Sidewalks: No driving on sidewalks
- Parking: Golf Carts will be treated like any other motor vehicle. Guests must park in a motor vehicle parking spot or a golf cart parking spot (indicated on the golf cart map). No parking on the side of the road or on sidewalks.
- How many people can ride?: All golf carts on site have four seats. Four people maximum per cart.
- Driving Rules: Golf Carts must obey all traffic laws and will be held responsible if they are broken.
- Securing the Cart: All golf carts will come with a golf cart lock. Cart must be locked while not in use.
- Does the guest need to fill up when they are done: No. Guest does not need to fill up the tank before they return. One tank of gas is included in the rental.
- Gas Refills: Refills are available at Coral Cay for an additional charge if needed.
- Other: DO NOT REFILL GOLF CARTS AT THE MARINA. Refills are only to be done at Coral Cay.
See something say something. If you see any of the rules broken please contact: Command Center and Recreation Manager on Duty. This includes:
- Golf Cart Crash
- Golf Cart Tow
- Too Many People on the Golf Cart
- Speeding or Reckless Driving
- Underage Driving
- Driving off property
- Damage: Guests will be held liable for any damage done to the cart while in their care.
RETURNING A GOLF CART
- Location: Coral Cay
- Time: Golf carts must be returned during coral cay business hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Inspection: All golf carts will be inspected for damage upon return.
- Return of items: Golf cart lock and key are returned to Coral Cay.
- Late Return: Guests must return the cart on their return date or will be charged an additional fee. Requests for extensions will be based on availability.
- No carts will be given for crew member use
- No discounts are allowed